Supporting Community Agencies & Organizations
Heritage has a history of supporting a variety of local agencies, town services, organizations and national causes. We do this to improve our local community and build relationships with our neighbors. Our goal is to contribute to causes which will benefit our residents, neighbors or the community.
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEWEST RELATIONSHIP
SPONSORSHIP OF THE HERITAGE CHORALE's 21012-2013 SEASON
(See Second Section Below and picture at bottom of this page)
Area Schools & Libraries
- Hemenway Elementary School - Relationship since 1995 for reading programs and fund-raisers.
- Framingham School Principles- Heritage hosts monthly meetings
- McAuliffe Charter School- We host inter-generational programs. Students come from
Framingham, Natick, Ashland, Holliston, Sudbury, Southborough, Hopkinton, and Marlborough.
- BLOCKS Preschool - Reading programs with both our Classic and "memory care" residents enrich students' and residents' lives.
- Framingham Public Libraries - We've supported Framingham wide reading programs and hosted a meeting to support a new Christa McAuliffe Branch Library. A speaking event at Heritage included Christa McAulliffe's mother, Grace Corrigan, who lives in Saxonville.
Area Agencies, Charities & Organizations
- Jewish Family Services Of MetroWest - Since 1996 we have supported them through the Seas the Dream Annual Fundraiser
- Framingham Fire Dept., Engine House # 7 - Since 1996
- Framingham Town Concerts on the Green
- Alzheimer's Disease Support Group - Since 1995 Hosted at Heritage.
- Massachusetts Assisted Living Facilities Association:
- Representative on the Quality Committee
- Leader of the Regional Leadership Council
- Representatives on the Nursing Committee
- Contributors to & hosting of educational efforts
- Governor's Alzheimer's Panel
- The Afghan Project - Since 1998
- Nobscot Neighbors - The mission: "To promote, preserve and advocate for Nobscot, the village within Framingham and improve life quality". Heritage is located in this historic village and hosts meetings.
- The Bruce Freeman Rail Trail - The trail will go from Lowell, to Concord, Sudbury and Framingham. It crosses Water Street next to Hemenway School. Heritage has hosted meetings.
- MetroWest Senior Service Networking Group - Heritage hosts this group periodically. Meetings facilitate relationships which benefit seniors.
- Massachusetts Medical Directors Association - Heritage hosted an educational day for leading physicians in the state.
- Geriatric Care Managers and NAELA National Association of Elder Law Attorneys- Heritage sponsored an educational seminar day for a joint meeting of these two groups.
- Shillman House - We are already planning collaboration with this new non-profit. It opened in the summer of 2011.
- Massachusetts Cystic Fibrosis- Funding raiser each year.
- Sudbury and St. Bridget's Food Pantry Drives
- Tri-County United Way "Toolz for Schools" -
for Norfolk, Middlesex, and Worcester Counties
- Hemenway School - Climbing Wall fund-raiser
- Epilepsy Foundation- clothing drive
- Toys for Tots & United Way Toy drives
- Knitting Group - articles for newborns, military and shut-ins
- Cystic Fibrosis - "Buy a Valentine" fund-raiser
- Lee National Denim Day - Cancer prevention fund-raiser
- Daffodil Days - The American Cancer Society
- Veteran's Association - clothing & fund-raiser (for Bedford, MA VA)
- Golden Tones of Wayland, Wayland, Massachusetts, Choral Group
- Green Up Day, Heritage sponsors efforts to green up Framingham
- Framingham Tax Payers Association - We host their meetings
Several Heritage managers serve on committees:
- Quality Improvement
- Nursing Policy
- Sponsor of Regional Leadership Conferences
Maize Mentoring Volunteer Program
In it's 14th year, the Mazie Mentoring Program places at-risk, disadvantaged Framingham High School students with volunteer mentors in the community. It’s an extremely rewarding and fulfilling opportunity.
John Andrew Mazie Memorial Foundation
1502 Wisteria WayWayland, MA 01778
Research Collaboration with Philips Lifeline:
Heritage at Framingham has ongoing collaboration with Philips LifeLine whose researchers interview our residents to develop products for seniors. Their mission is to "Improve the quality of people's lives through timely introduction of meaningful innovations". We upgraded our own system in 2010.
Chet Olson & Lynne Canavan present a check
to Bob Diefenbacher and Maryilyn Paterno of the Heritage Chorale
at the performance of Handel's Messiah.
Local Senior Center Sponsorships
17th year sponsoring Jewish Family Servies of MetroWest
"Seize the Dream" fund raiser
Thank You Letter From
Framingham Town Manager
(Click for Full Size)
Concerts On the Green Sponsorship
MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
or visit us at www.mazie.org
Wayland, MA Golden Tones